Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A Christmas Party to Remember

On Saturday, Eric and I went to his company's Christmas party in Denver. His company has several offices across the country as well as in London and Dubai, but only the Colorado Springs and Denver offices were there. And a few people from the London office. But I thought I would share a few things I learned at this party.

1. Apparently it is now acceptable to only wear a cardigan in public. We saw a young woman wearing a boyfriend cardigan with pantyhose and knee high boots. It looked kind of like this.


Keep in mind, the temperature during the party was 15 degrees. This only reinforced what we had heard about people bringing "Julia Roberts wannabes" a la Pretty Woman.

2. It is not a good idea to have a cocktail hour before you feed people. It is not a good idea to take advantage of said cocktail hour when the people who own the company are in attendance and they have a penchant for remembering every person they meet. To say we saw people make fools of themselves would be an understatement.

3. Company Christmas parties are a lot more fun when you sit with people you know. Since this was Eric's Christmas party, I of course knew no one. I have only met a few of Eric's coworkers and have only met one spouse. Luckily, we sat next to the couple I know. They are expecting a baby in a couple of months, and let me just say there is nothing more fun than a pregnant woman who isn't afraid to speak her mind.

Unfortunately, we didn't get a picture at the party, but I looked great. And so did Eric. We are staying busy trying to finish Christmas presents. Next week we are headed to Oklahoma for a friends wedding. I am SO EXCITED!! I have missed all our friends in Oklahoma and you better believe I will have tons of pictures to post!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where i can find that gray cardigan?

Anonymous said...

This article is a great help to me! Thank you!