Since I will be gone during the autumnal equinox, I'm writing my welcome to autumn today. Living in Oklahoma for 6 years has made me miss the changing of the seasons, something I love. If pressed to give my favorite season I would have to say summer. I am a child of summer.
I love my birthday. I love the 4th of July.
I love swimming.
I love BBQ's.
I love wearing tank tops and flip flops.
While I love summer, I absolutely adore autumn.
(it started at an early age)I adore wearing sweaters.
I adore college football.
I adore the changing colors of nature.
I adore the cool, crisp mornings.
I adore autumn decorations.
I adore pumpkins and hay bales and scarecrows and hot apple cider.
I adore harvest moons.
So autumn, I welcome you. Bring the cool mornings that make the leaves change and make me wear my sweaters. Bring the harvest moons and the football games. Bring on the Hobby Lobby shopping trips to stock up on decorations. I'm ready.
I'm off to Idaho for 5 days to visit my best friend from high school, Tricia. Enter embarassing high school picture.

1 comment:
Oh Gosford beach! Miss you! I miss autumn too. There is no such thing in Africa. I could really go for some changing leaves, football, sweaters, and pumpkin bread!
Post a Comment