Tuesday, June 15, 2010

War Paint

I'm two days into VBS and have two days left. It's probably for the best that there are only two days left. Sunday night they had face painting for all the kids. I didn't want to be left out. Hence the green blob that is supposed to be a tree frog on my face.



I jokingly referred to it as my "war paint". Little did I know I should have kept it on my face. I'm in charge of pre-school games. Last night's game involved me being a shepherdess, something that comes quite naturally, looking for my lost sheep. After awhile, the kids wanted me to be lost sheep, so I obliged. That was my downfall.

I was hidden and the kids found me. One boy in particular was so excited he found me, he decided I needed to be punished for being lost and caught me with a right hook to the kisser. That's right, he punched me. It didn't hurt, I mean the boy was 4, he didn't have anything behind his punch. It mostly surpised me. I told him "no, thank you" and made him apologize.

Thinking that was the end, I told the teachers. Who then went and got the VBS director. Who then went and got the church's children's minister. Who then got the little boy and gave him a stern talking to and made him apologize to me again. Then all of them told the parents, who then were talking to the preacher about how their little boy hit a teacher who just happened to be standing right there.

I guess it could have been worse. I could have lost a child. Oh wait....I've already done that.

No comments: